Wednesday, April 29, 2015

It's been awhile

I haven't written in a long time.  The truth is, I haven't written because I was hoping to write again and announce another pregnancy.  As each month passed and I had no good news to share, I just couldn't bring myself to write about anything else.  For anyone who has ever struggled to get pregnant, you would probably understand.  The trying, the endless waiting, the effort to be hopeful but not too hopeful...it's very consuming.  

But before I get to philosophical, I'll rewind a bit.  
June 2014  - you might recall that we froze 5 embryos with our first IVF cycle. We had the embryos biopsies before the freeze, but hadn't had the genetic testing done.  We finally shelled out a lot of money to have the embryos tested.  Of the 5, 3 were capable of producing a viable pregnancy.  Two girls and a boy!

July 2014 - goodbye Mirena

Late July - start Lupron injections for medicated Frozen Embryo Transfer cycle

Early August - stop Lupron, start Estance tablets to build up uterine lining for the transfer

End of August - after 2 weeks on estrace, it's a lining check to make sure the lining is above 6.5mm.  Mine was only 4.  Increased estrace dose and wait 7 days to check again.  

Early Sept - Lining was only 6mm at second check up.  They said they'd call back with instructions based on blood work, but a transfer this month was going to get cancelled due to poor uterine lining.  When they called they said my Stephen level wasn't too high, so I increased the Estrace dose again and waiting another 7 days for another check.

Mid Sept - third lining check, 7.5mm. Transfer scheduled for following week.

Transfer was September 18, then wait 2 weeks for blood pregnancy test, on October 2.

October 2 - blood test negative

To be continued....


No comments:

Post a Comment