Sunday, May 24, 2015

Surgery

I was able to get scheduled for surgery at the end of the calendar year, 12/31 (Happy New Year to me😭😲).  She found a removed a piece of tissue, leftover from my previous pregnancy, from inside my uterus.  She checked for the reappearance of my stage 3/4 endometriosis, but there was very little.  She found numerous adhesions, including my ovaries and bladder, all of which were attached to my abdominal wall.  She had to do a lot of work to free my bladder, so I got to take home my very own catheter for New Years.  I was in extreme pain compared to my last laporoscopy.  Last time I was fine taking ibuprofen instead of the prescribed painkiller (Vicodin, I think).  Not so much this time.  Plus, the four incisions took forever to heal and were weeping straw colored fluid for over 2 weeks.  Not easy to recover from with two demanding toddlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment