Saturday, March 30, 2013

Halfway cooked

Last week, our OB said they consider 36 full term for mono/di (our type of identical) twins. I was 18 weeks on Tuesday, making these babies halfway cooked!

We had our 18 week TTTS monitoring ultrasound on Wednesday, and all looks great. No signs of TTTS - I think this only happens in about 5-10% of identical twin pregnancies.

Sleeping is getting difficult already. I guess gaining the baby belly so quickly because of the twins doesn't agree with me. Whichever side I lay on starts to ache or falls asleep (pins and needles) about every hour. Plus, I think the boys are dancing on my bladder. Hoping that one of those pregnancy wedge shaped pillows will work to help me sleep...regular pillows are not working for me.

It's not all doom and gloom though! So excited the boys are doing well and can't wait for he big anatomy scan in 2 weeks. We will get their estimated weight for the first time!















No comments:

Post a Comment