Monday, February 11, 2013

Too much of a good thing

Yes, you can in fact eat too much fiber.  It is almost as bad as not eating enough fiber.  Apparently I excel at taking things to the extreme, there is no middle ground for me.  Last week, iron, now fiber.  All or nothing! 

So, I guess my lesson for this week (and last) is that having more balance in my life will benefit me and my unborn twins, as well as those around me (and not becasue they have to sit in the same room as me after I ate too much fiber...).

Today was our 11 week and 6 day ultrasound.  Babies look great and I am feeling well...other than the extreme exhaustion.  Growing two babies is harder than you might think!



Getting measurements of Baby A.


Baby A moving around and Baby A anatomy.



Baby B measurements.


Baby B anatomy, Baby B finally moves, trying to get both babies on screen.

Baby A measures nice and big at 54.01mm = 12w0d.


Baby B measures even longer at 54.33mm = 12w0d.

Meanwhile, I "graduated" from the reproductive endocrinologist this week.  They gave me a nice gift bag with a pregnancy journal and some other swag.  What an excellent doctor's office - highly recommended!  Reproductive Associates of Delaware


Happy RAD grad!  Excuse my "I rolled out of bed for my 7:30am doctor's appointment" hairstyle:)
Anyway, so our RAD graduation means three significant things...well significant to me anyway...
  1. The end of our weekly ultrasounds.  Another example of too much of a good thing!  We are spoiled for getting to see our beautiful babies every week and will only get to see them monthly for the next 2 months or so.
  2. No more injections!  Mike has had the distinct pleasure of giving me daily injections since October 31, 2012.  We have been doing the progesterone injections since Dec. 4 and tonight will be our last night.  I have to say I am a tiny bit apprehensive that something could go wrong after stopping the injections, but the doc assures me that it will be okay.
  3. I now get to go see a regular obstetrician!  I think this is significant for me because I have been hestant to picture myself going to a regular doctore like a regular pregnant lady.  But, Mike and I went today for our first meeting with the nurse and we will see the doctor next Thursday, February 21.
So, now to focus on something other than the twins for a little while.  Perhaps I will read my new pregnancy journal...

No comments:

Post a Comment