Wednesday, January 22, 2014

How to tell Jack and Ben apart

I thought this might make an interesting post for those who don't get to see the boys often and for those who are just curious about identical twins.  Finally, at 6 months, I feel like I can easily tell them apart at a glance.  Well, at least when in person.  Pictures make it harder to tell the boys apart, but we rarely dress them completely alike, so I can use clues to guess who is who in most pictures.  As I have been blogging, I usually note who is who by noting who is on the left in the picture.

Here are some of the differences...
Ben has a few small red birthmarks on the back of his head, just inside his hairline.

Jack has no birthmarks on the back of his head.

Jack's hair stands up...we affectionately call him our "fuzzy head."
Ban's hair does not stand up as much.

Ben's right eye is all blue.
Jack's right eye has a golden/brownish spot at about 5 o'clock near the pupil.  It looks like a yellow glare in this picture.
Jack has a birthmark on his left hip.

Ben has no birthmarks on his hip.

Because Jack's hair is usually sticking straight up, his hair often appears lighter in photos.  Ben's hairline looks more prominent/darker, I think for the same reason.

They "default" to different positions.  I am sure this will change.  Right now, Ben loves grabbing his toes and Jack loves flailing his arms and legs around like crazy.

Well, they're awake from their nap...back to business for mommy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment